Comin' Apart

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 22 21:53:52 MDT 2006

Hi,Terry! IMHO,Vinegar works to "MELT',soften any type of hide glue.Try it
on a vertical  or Grand Hammer shank:apply a little,wait 1-2 minutes and
with traditional tools and technique Hammer can be pulled apart
effortlessly,Same applies to the piano side.A few times I had to remove
mortised legs on Yamaha verticals after 1994 earthquake.Vinegar trick did it
Hope,it helps...Good luck.. Isaac