Bluthner action regulation/specs

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Aug 22 21:58:47 MDT 2006

Rick, et. al,

Thanks for pointing me in this direction.  This is actually the text I have, though there is no diagram included, nor is it mentioned anywhere in the text that the hammers should rest on the rail!

Does anyone familiar with these have specific tools they use for bending the springs or other functions, or a specific method for bending/massaging/cajoling/tweaking them?

Interesting piano.  IF the hammers aren't on the rail, the notes will fail as often as not, because the jacks get trapped.

Thanks again,

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560