Vinegar...was "coming apart..."

William Benjamin pianoboutique at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 10:16:31 MDT 2006

Joe,

I have put vinegar on hide glue and had it soften it to the point that I
could take things apart.  At the Piano Hospital we had many sets of loose
upright hammers and turning the action up side down and applying vinegar,
the next day they would be tight.  Also taking care of the piano threw the
years, it did hold.  If you get a chance, call Don Mitchell or Ken Serviss.

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE

William Benjamin

Piano Tuner Extraordinaire