Pricing, (was new Knabes

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:21:51 MDT 2006

Ed,
I was told by the main NH Yamaha dealership that Yamaha instituted a
"list price no discount" policy a la Steinway this Spring, and he was
mighty unhappy about it. The Massachusetts dealership tended to give
lvery ittle discount from list anyway, while he tended to quote a
consumer friendly (ie substanial discount from MSRP) price
immediately; he has had many happy customers and referrals.
Someone did tell me he was offered a "new" C3 for $23K as part of the
Tanglewood sale. Supposedly this C3 hadn't even been uncrated but
because it had been designated a "Tanglewood loaner" it could be sold
at a reasonable discount. Of course, this is what a  *piano salesman*
told my client, at a "university sale."
Patrick Draine