Knabe Grand Leg Plates

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 07:33:32 MDT 2006

Hi List

I have a customer who just had her new Knabe grand moved and it looks like
the movers cross threaded the bolts that tighten the leg plates together (2
legs are screwed up) .and now the bolts will not start.

I wanted to try retapping the plate but I need to know what the thread size
is.  A 7/16 - 20 Die goes on the bolt pretty nicely but that size tap
doesn't seem quite right and I'm guessing that they're metric anyways... and
I have no metric Taps or Dies.

Pianotek has a new set of 3 plates with bolts and screws for about $100 but
I'd like to try to save these.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill Costanzo