Mohawk Wood Touch up and Repair Workshop

Dave Smith dsmith941 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 17:40:41 MDT 2006

I just returned from the Mohawk 3 day workshop on wood touch up and repair.  My mind is full, no, overflowing with as yet undigested information.  Don't get me wrong, this is probably one of the best short workshops I have taken, especially for lac finish repairs.  It's just that there are so many different materials and ways to repair each type of problem, eg scratches, gouges, etc.

Would anyone who is using the Mohawk materials for piano finish touchup email me privately so we can talk real time?  I would like to get a material order together in the next few days, and could use some experienced guidance on what works well for piano touchup.

Also, re my previous Q on lacquer for S&S hammers, Mohawk certainly can supply it.  Just by the gallon, unfortunately.    Since they have an 85 dollar min order, also investigate their epoxy sticks in several colors.  This has been covered before, but the stuff has gotta be great for screw hole repair, etc,  anything needing structural strength.  Sets in a few minutes, and has machinability, etc.  I'm sure this is old info for many of you, but it was new to me.   and very valuable.

Dave Smith
SW FL