Jazz Great

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 24 19:07:52 MDT 2006

Thank you for the news, Joseph...I remember hearing him many years ago with the Kenton band, and still listen to him in that setting via the many recordings.  A monster player!!!

  For those who care:

  Maynard Ferguson passed away last night. For those who tuned for his band, I envy your labors and association with one of the truly great musicians of our time. Maynard went out on top, with a new studio recording just made and more than a year's worth of bookings on his schedule.

  His unofficial web site with lots of related news is:
  http://www.maynardferguson.com/

  Joseph Alkana RPT

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL