technical exam

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 25 14:49:12 MDT 2006

List

  Tomorrow I take the Technical Exam.  Any advice from those of you who have gone through it?

The one question that no one seems to be able to answer is: how is the test scored?  For instance, the stringing portion of the test, three tasks in 20 minutes; are they equal in scoring weight?  If I get stuck and don't have time to finish one of them, which one should I leave undone?

  On the tuning exam the scoring system is given to the examinees, and it was a great help in allotting time to finish various secitons.  For instance, I didn't waste much time with the top or bottom octave, knowing that it was scored so lightly, and rather focused on octaves 5 and 6, and 3 and 2.

  It would be great to know how to budget my time in the Technical Exam.  (My examiner has not returned my phone call.)

  Tom Sivak