appraisal question another thonk?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 26 13:46:43 MDT 2006

> Should I just say it's got to have a new board and
> action, and be done with it?  For many people, they
> would be fairly satisfied with this instrument
> (although it's not up to its real potential) if those
> few notes weren't bad, however.

I don't buy and sell pianos enough to tell you what the piano might be
worth - although I did sell a S&S teflon L in similar condition for $8K
recently for a local church - but I think there is a difference between the
value of the piano as a musical instrument and its value as a sales
commodity.

>From what you describe, from the standpoint of a musical instrument, it
sounds to me like it is salvage material - maybe $10K - $12K (assuming the
S&S sticker is still on the fallboard) - maybe more if the finish is
salvageable. However, from the standpoint of a commodity to sell and make
money, if it looks decent, it may be "worth" quite a bit more.

Terry Farrell