Viennese Piano Retro-fit of Player

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 28 12:22:43 MDT 2006

Phillip asked: "Has anyone installed a PianoDisc unit in a grand with Viennese action? A
rebuilder asked inquired approached me an instll in a restored 1879
Bosendorfer, but it sounds tricky. This action lifts up above the keybed 2-3
inches, and there may be some clearance problems. Any advice would be
appreciated!"

Phillip,
DON'T would be my advice. Those instruments have enough problems without exacerbating them.<G> Tell the customer to go by a Diskclavier Yamaha.

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I