Viennese Piano Retro-fit of Player

Jonathan Finger pianotech at tollidee.com
Mon Aug 28 13:03:26 MDT 2006

Joseph Garrett wrote:

> Phillip,
> DON'T would be my advice. Those instruments have enough problems
> without exacerbating them.<G> Tell the customer to go by a Diskclavier
> Yamaha.

I'd agree with the first part of this.  I'd advise the customer to find
a piano they really like - like perhaps a new Bösendorfer or other
high-end brand.  Then fit it with a system that won't limit their
playback and piano choices.
Any player (Yamaha or otherwise) is going to be limited by the piano
itself.  If they truly want something at performance level a new
high-end piano fitted with a player system is going to be able to do a
lot more, and will therefore be a much better value to the customer, and
better use of their money.

Jonathan Finger RPT