Keytops ?? :-(

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 14:26:20 MDT 2006

Michael;
 I did not express myself very well..sorry :)

<<I have put down hundreds of these sets and have seen them on every set.

You have to cut or sand the dimple off or it can hang the keytop up a bit

and as you said be a bit visible. >>

 I did say dimple underneath but what I 'meant' was a small recess/hole
underneath, there is nothing to "sand down"  (I know what you are speaking of
though and I also have sanded those little bumpys off of many key sets.)
  The 'dimple'/'pimple'/'raised dot' on the surface of the key is not proud
enough to sand down effectively with just a light sanding and I don't want to
get into sanding the entire set of 'new' keytops just to get rid of these
danged thingees.......must be getting lazy in my later years. :-)
 Just wondering what others are using for keytops.
Jim Bryant (FL)