Keytops ?? :-(

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 31 11:59:31 MDT 2006

> Ron;
>  I agree that I don't like the high shine/glossy look or the feel of such. In
> my buffing the keytop is left in a lustrous condition...a pronounced texture
> but with a bit of shine.
>  I have tried the 600/800 grit paper and don't like the results but I can see
> where some would........probably my technique! :-)
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim,
No, I'm sure your technique is just fine (to-fro, repeat until
sick of it). Everyone just has different target standards for
the look and feel of the results. I never did chance upon a
combination of wheel, grit, and operator competence that got
me a texture I liked buffing. I'll just as likely blunder
across an approach I like better than sanding and be doing
something different next year.

Nothing seems to stay learned in this job...
Ron N