Keytops ?? :-(

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 11:23:45 MDT 2006

In a message dated 8/31/06 10:06:15 AM, rnossaman at cox.net writes:

<< 'Mornin John,

Just a little water, and a piece of hammer felt scrap for a

block. Before I started sanding them, I used to scrub them

with a piece of back rail cloth and the abrasive I use on my

buffing wheel for brass (dry, no water). I like the texture of

the sanding better.

Ron N

Ron;
 I agree that I don't like the high shine/glossy look or the feel of such. In
my buffing the keytop is left in a lustrous condition...a pronounced texture
but with a bit of shine.
 I have tried the 600/800 grit paper and don't like the results but I can see
where some would........probably my technique! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)