CA on pinblock

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 15:02:57 MDT 2006

In a message dated 8/31/2006 12:56:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deanmay at pianorebuilders.com writes:
I alerted the owner to the problem, and told her that if some notes go
significantly out of tune relatively soon, then it will probably need CA.  Do you
think my diagnosis is logical, or might this just be a POS piano that they would
be better off replacing, rather than throwing money into?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice!
Richard Morgan
Greetings,

           I have had much success CA-ing old pianos' blocks that have loose
pins. In fact I did it to one of my own pianos, "Becky" (a Becker Brothers
1903 upright with beautiful curly qued wood work) I I agree with Ed, it can be a
real life saver to a piano that is otherwise pretty good.

Julia Gottshall
Reading,  PA