Life is now complete.

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 15:13:23 MDT 2006

List,

  Today is the first day of the rest of my life.  Yes, I now feel as if my life is complete and yet I feel the burgeonings of excitement over what the future brings.  What happened to bring me to this level of contentment?

I went to the mailbox today to find a package from Mark Wisner.  I don't know this man personally, although I recognize his name from many of the fine posts he has added to the pianotech list.

  In the package was....drumroll...a zippered mesh Pearl River bag!  Yes!  Now I am just as sophisticated, chic, and smart as my fellow technicians from the more hip areas of the US, namely the coasts.

  I've already put some things in there.  Tomorrow I am completing some repairs at Columbia College where I am the head tech for the music theater department and I had brought home several hammer butts that needed new flanges in a plastic bag (the little silk cord had broken resulting in bobbling hammers), but tomorrow I return in style!  Inside that Pearl River bag are the hammer butts with  new flanges, all pinned and ready to go.

  Mark, thanks so much.  It gave me a kick to find that in the mailbox.  And...I will, of course, use it all the time.  Including when I go back to retake the Repair Section of the Technical Exam!

  Thanks again, Mark!

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago