ETD's & Computers was Re: RCT or SAT III

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 2 20:34:56 MST 2006

The Pianalyzer feature of RCT measures cents deviation (from an theoretical, ideal zero IH curve) and proportionate strength of partials in a single string. The TL Pocket has the same feature sans the pretty colored bar graph.

But it also has the full-time, real-time, on-screen spectrum display that shows where the pitch of the string actually is, even if it is nowhere close to the target pitch. So it's great for chipping up new strings or reallllly flat pianos. It is also wonderful for analyzing junky strings, bad unisons, and tuning around hideously wild strings, showing customers "what the problem is", and -- best of all, REAL help in tuning the high treble, especially in noisy environments.

I know I sound like Bob's marketing department but hey, you pass good news on to your friends, right?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15