Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 3 18:30:07 MST 2006

Just curious Ron, what is your reasoning for three points of string contact
(front, center and rear) rather than two? Two would bind the string up in
some desired way. I can see that three points would lock the string in much
more firmly. But two could also - much like the forward termination on most
pianos whether it is an agraffe or the capo bar.

Terry Farrell

(Not really trying to suggest anything here - just trying to
understand.....)