disrupted mortises

ed miller edmiller3 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 18:12:54 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm doing a key re-bushing job. The front rail bushings were glued in with
PVC-E glue. Many mortises were compromised by wood staying on the felt as I
pulled the felt away.

Any suggestions on what I can do as/or before I glue in the new felt with
hot hide to ensure an even job from key to key?  I have been testing the
keys for the best felt-fit with my brass cauls, there are drastic
differences of fit from key to key thanks to all the wood that was removed
as I was removing the PVC-E'd felt.

Thanks,
Ed