disrupted mortises

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Tue Dec 5 22:11:30 MST 2006

Ed,
    To glue size the mortises, simply dilute the hot hide glue to a thin
consistency, not quite as thin as water, but thin. Then apply this thin
mixture to the mortise area with a small diameter pipe cleaner or small
hobby paintbrush. Glue sizing or (prewetting as the woodworkers call it)
prevents a glue starved joint.

Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
Dedicated To Advancing The Art Of Keyboard Restoration
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma. 01569
(508) 278-9762
Keymaestro at verizon.net