Problems with new Steinways

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Dec 6 08:33:02 MST 2006

> Perhaps you blokes over there should get together with Steinways and put
> your point of view. Let's face it, Steinway are an icon in the industry
> and are generally looked up to, and should be encouraged to do better.
>  Would they sit down and talk or are they too big for their boots?
> David Lawson Wangaratta Australia

It's been tried many times. Their line is that they are the
standard against which all pianos are judged (which is
generally the case), and are selling pianos as fast as they
can make them (which is also the case), so why should they
change anything? Instrument performance is our problem, not
theirs, and if we can't make their world standard instruments
meet our required performance expectations, the deficiencies
are obviously ours. Warranty claims are particularly
interesting against this policy. As long as I've been in this
business, the attitude has always been the same.

Ron N