mortising attachment for drill press

Frank Emerson pianoguru at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 6 20:10:55 MST 2006

I've ruined more than one cheap drill press by applying too much pressure
to the spindle.  It would seem to me that a mortising attachment would be
just the thing to over-extend the capability of most drill presses in this
regard.  If you need to do mortising, you should probably get a mortising
machine.  They are not that expensive at Harbor Freight.

Frank Emerson
pianoguru at earthlink.net

"The early twilight of a Sunday evening in Hamilton, Bermuda, is an
alluring time. There is just enough of whispering breeze, fragrance of
flowers, and sense of repose to raise one's thoughts heavenward; and just
enough amateur piano music to keep him reminded of the other place. There
are many venerable pianos in Hamilton, and they all play at twilight.  Age
enlarges and enriches the powers of some musical instruments, - notably
those of the violin, - but it seems to set a piano's teeth on edge.  Most
of the music in vogue there is the same that those pianos prattled in their
innocent infancy; and there is something very pathetic about it when they
go over it now, in their asthmatic second childhood, dropping a note here
and there, where a tooth is gone."