Cleaning and/ or polishing up Ebony finish

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 21:54:55 MST 2006

I've been using Cory's Super High Gloss polish for this sort of thing.  It works better than anything I've tried before.  It's available from supply houses.

I got mine from Schaff long ago, and buried it away in the trunk of my car, until I a client with a really hurtin' high gloss Hallet-Davis-Dongbei needed some assistance.  It was covered with smoke filth.  The polish cleaned 'er right up.  I use it all the time now.

The Kawai is polyester.  The GE series are all polyester, to the best of my knowledge.  They came out in the 80s, by which point polyester was the thing.

Good luck!

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560