Problems with new Steinways

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Dec 8 08:21:07 MST 2006

I LOVE IT!!

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt at smu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of reggaepass at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:41 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: Problems with new Steinways

  I was out in New York for a week of training at Steinway back in the
'90s. On the last day, all involved went out to a lovely restaurant
overlooking Central Park. The food was delicious and the drink was
flowing. After we'd toasted our instructors and each other, I guess I
got caught up in the spirit of thanksgiving because I then proposed a
toast to Yamaha, whose good example of technician relations Steinway
seemed to be starting to follow, and without whom, we probably wouldn't
have had the opportunity to be at Steinway, said I. There was a very
pregnant pause, only somewhat uncomfortable ('cause, hey, it was true),
and we all consummated the toast with a laugh.

 FWIW,

 Alan Eder