mortising attachment for drill press

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Dec 8 11:26:30 MST 2006

Ed,

I don't know that I'd charge more.  All other things equal, yes, but maybe
not in this case.  For you to decide.  Consider:

By using such a wide variety of bushing cloth thicknesses, you will have
quite a discrepancy in the wear pattern on these bushings.  The long term
success of this rebushing job may very well be suspect.

I think I would have charged more, but I would have charged more to repair
the mortise, and then rebush.

Best,
William R. Monroe