RX-2

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 8 19:29:42 MST 2006

This is way out of esoterica, and into simple "I don't have a clue"…………    I
have an RX-2 which I tuned for first time early this week. In the move, the
keyframe got on top of the shift mechanism..   But that being fixed, there
are about 5 keys which are a devil to get through letoff. Keys are level. It
has an aftermarket Pianodisc. When I pull the action out to my lap, all keys
are free and smooth. Put it back, and these same keys move with ease to
jack-button contact, and then take almost a pound to move.   I didn't pull
the action all the way out because I was a bit scared of the Pianodisc, and
because of proximity to a wall.   I was on a time crunch also.  tomorrow I
am stopping by between points A and B, to try to pull the action.     Any
things come immediately to mind as to what might be the cause?  Keys are all
level, and though regulation is somewhat sloppy, it isn't a mess.     I'm
always a bit paranoid, figuring the next thing I touch will be the one which
makes a fool of me….  I can't think ahead of time what on earth might be
going on.

Also, with regard to the Pianodisc, I saw in the back of the keybed, what
looked like three glide bolts sticking up about 3/16 of an inch.  Have they
done that as a fix to the old "lift the action up so as not to ruin
solenoids?"

thanks
les bartlett

--