RX-2

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 9 06:34:46 MST 2006

Leslie-
It sounds like the damper levers for those keys may be contacting the damper upstop rail too soon.  Could it be one of those glide bolts in the keybed is too high?  Did they remove the dags, or did they break off?
Or could it be that let-off is too high and the hammers are blocking on the strings?
Meanwhile, check the leg bolts before you try to move this piano...it reminds me of a bad story.  It's always a good idea to check the leg bolts before moving a piano.
Ed Sutton