The Soundboard bit.. was Steinways / David Andersen

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Dec 9 07:41:20 MST 2006

Hi Gregor,

Crown = the curve of the soundboard upwards towards the strings
CC = compression crowned (sound board dried then ribs glued on and moisture
allowed to return to board forcing it to crown)
RC = rib crowned (curved ribs pressed against the sound board)
RC & S = rib crowned and supported (really the same as RC)
Killer Octave -- some where in the area of octave 5 or 6 where the sound
may not have much power and not much sustain thought to be caused by
soundboard or other "wood" problems.

At 10:22 AM 12/9/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>sorry, but I can´t follow the discussion as I don´t know much about
>soundboards and my English is not good enough for all these technical terms.
>Has anybody the time and will to explain me in simple words what you are
>talking about? CC or RC&S boards?? Killeroctave? Crown?
>
>Gregor

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna48 at yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7