hammer bore angle

Dave McKibben davespianotuning at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 17:50:38 MST 2006

 Can someone explain to me the relationship for an upright piano with regards
to hammer shank length and hammer bore angle in the bass section.  It appears to
me that the bore angle needs to change as the shank length changes, and also possibly
the blow distance??   It's probably obvious that I am not completely clear on
the effect of changing any of these dimensions, and how to determine what the hammer
bore angle should be.   Is this simple enough to be answered here in an email, or
can someone lead me to a good book on the subject??
    Thanks much
    Dave

DavesPianotuning at earthlink.net
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~davespianotuning/