Piano Depreciation

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Dec 9 23:14:53 MST 2006

Hi David, Terry,

Most likely a piano teachers instrument that they purchased for teaching and
intend to write off would be amortized over a seven year period.  I believe
there are a couple of different rates they can use within that time frame as
well.  One is a straight scale (x% per year times 7), the other is a
graduated scale of some sort.  Don't have it in front of me now, but maybe
that's close enough for you.

If it's for appraisal/insurance purposes, that's where Fine's book and
Ancott come in.

Best,
William R. Monroe