The Soundboard bit.. RC&S

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 10 13:01:15 MST 2006

No, no, no!
I have it on the authority of an experienced piano mover that back in the old days when they knew how to make pianos right, they always tuned the soundboards to F#.
Now, of course, the secret is lost... he has checked several pianos leaving my shop and...oh well.....they just don't make 'em like they used to.
Ed S.