Steinway question

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 10 21:37:25 MST 2006

The jack has to be moving back and forth in some sort of a "window" in the rep lever.   Usually, in this case, the felt is a small block of felt glued in the back of the window (towards the hammer side) or under the rep lever.   You remove a little felt to move the jack farther back under the knuckle...no way of real consistency...but it should be, somewhat, adjustable though...????

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044