Ribbing - Glue Removal

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Dec 11 13:25:43 MST 2006

When gluing ribs to soundboard panels I have been removing the glue with water and a rag, immediately after clamping the rib to the panel. However, on a soundboard I am ribbing today, for some reason the water cleanup method is causing major grain raising on the panel (never had that problem before).

I believe many soundboard builders clean up glue squeeze-out at some time after ribbing with a chisel, etc.

Would someone be willing to share their exact procedure for removing glue without water? I'd sure appreciate it.

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano

www.farrellpiano.com
terry at farrellpiano.com