Yamaha grey import

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 12 04:40:58 MST 2006

>From: "Luc Calande" <luc.calande at versateladsl.be>
>
>Do Yamaha take all these differences when concepting pianos ???

I don´t think so. But they argue that the Japanese edition is not so good
for elsewhere. Here´s their statement:
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/Text_WithCatMenu_XC/0,,CNTID%253D12175%2526CNTYP%253DGENERAL,00.html

I think it´s just business attitude. Every used Japan piano sold in the USA
means that they don´t sell a new one in America (or Europe...). Because the
climate argument sounds reasonable it´s a good argument to convince
customers to buy a new one. Not reasonable (to me) sounds the argument that
no parts for theses pianos can be delivered. I am shure that the parts
inside are exactly the same all over the world. The only difference
might(perhaps) be that some parts are glued with a different glue.

Gregor