Now here is an interesting thought

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Dec 14 15:37:30 MST 2006

Ric - pic 1a looks like the stretcher has been remove from the piano - is
that correct? And what is the I-beam you speak of? Is it the flange of sorts
on the front edge of the pinblock?

It appears the plate covers the entire top surface of the pinblock and the
entire front edge - I take it the front edge piece is welded to the top
piece? Is it plate steel or iron? Are the bass and tenor front termination
bridges bonded directly to the pinblock - as in there is a cut-out in the
plate to allow that?

Neat. Thanks.

Terry Farrell