Major work on uprights ... was re: pin block drill press

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Dec 15 03:20:24 MST 2006

Alan,

At 23:41 12/14/2006, you wrote:

>I'm curious about two topics:
>
>1. Under what conditions do you see umpty-ump (200+) plugs inserted
>and drilled as a better fix than oversized pins?

The first thing which come to my not-quite-awake, alleged mind is an
obvious split area. Oversize pins are quite effective wedges for
propagating splits.

After that would be finding a range of replacement oversize pins
already in place. (00-00000!)

>2. How many old uprights do you see that are really worth this much
>time, trouble, and money?

Dern few.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.