Now here is an interesting thought

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Dec 17 05:50:11 MST 2006

Hi again Calin.

The long side was glued and the front was of course glued to the rail,
and the short stretch of straight length of the treble side was morticed
and glued into the case. The entire curved part of the bent side was
held in place by a piece of moulding nailed down into the rim. You can
see the holes where the nails came through the soundboard edge in the
pics.  Half of the tail was floating and had a substantial piece of wood
glued to both top and bottom side... presumbably a mass addition to
store and return some of the vibration of the panel.  The other half was
nailed down with a piece of moulding like the bent side.

http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/bluthner/pic1d.jpg
http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/bluthner/pic2d.jpg
http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/bluthner/pic3d.jpg
http://www.pianostemmer.no/pics/bluthner/pic4d.jpg

    Hi Ric,

    I'm not sure I understand how that soundboard was mounted. What part
    of it
    was glued down? You mean the whole edge at the bentside is not
    glued? Maybe
    you should make a drawing :-)
    Was the part where the bass bridge ends floating?
    Do you have any pictures from before disassembly?

    Calin Tantareanu
    http://calin.haos.ro