Baldwin pedal saga continues

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Sun Dec 17 10:33:37 MST 2006

Thanks to all for your quick responses.  Here's what I can tell you so far.
Please excuse the unscientific descriptions.

1.	There is no lost motion,
2.	the pedal is "heavy" to push, and
3.	it has to be pushed quite a distance to raise the dampers
adequately.

I'm the type of pianist that works with pretty much whatever the pedal gives
me (too many years in public school teaching!) but she's on a totally
different performance plane.

Other facts:

4.	there is a large return spring
5.	there is also an adjustable screw that I assume is the "stop" Avery
described.
6.	This is a newer model Baldwin and is 7 feet.

I'm going back this week and will have more exact information.  Thanks for
all of the great suggestions.  Keep them coming!

Michelle Smith