Layman's terms please!

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 12:29:23 MST 2006

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." And an excess of knowledge,
without proper context, can be even more confounding.
Plus, I think the email lost some of its formatting in transit.
If I were you I might start with a basic definition of equal
temperament, and perhaps use the theoretical A3 and A4 as examples of
how Hz double as octaves ascend.
Or suggest he go to Wikipedia or his library for further details.
Good luck,
Patrick Draine