Wood Upper Bridges aka "Nut"

hubert liverman hubertliverman at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 18 09:30:24 MST 2006

> >A year or so ago I, too, observed that there seems to be an
> >unusually large proportion of bass players among piano technicians
> >and asked for a hand count.  About twenty or so participants on this
> >list responded in the affirmative for bass per se and other low end
> >instruments (tuba, etc.).  I know that there are also some other
> >well-known techs not on this list who are also bass players.  What
> >does it mean?
> >
> >Alan Eder
> >
> It means they had to keep their day jobs... ;-}
>
> Anon

Very funny!

As an et cetera (Bass Trombone player), if we can't tune to the piano we just blow it away.
There is a 'slight dichotomy' if you are also the piano tuner involved in the proceedings...:-)
Oh well,.. the day job we have as Tuner/techs is better than some alternatives, and worse than others. We take our choices.

Seasons greetings to everyone on the list!!!

"Beauty is in the eye of the bewildered"
                  Me.. Dec.18 2006

anon and on.....etc.