Baldwin pedal saga continues

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 00:19:07 MST 2006

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb a bit here and state that I bet it is a
lack of pedal travel before the damper tray starts to life that is causing
this lady to experience a feeling of stiffness. The rule of thumb I heard
was that the pedal should travel about 1/3 of its total movement before the
dampers move. Try adjusting that and it might just have a real beneficial
effect. I do agree that one is probably wise not to attempt disassembly of
any major component on site if it is the first time doing it.

Please keep us updated as this story developes!!!

Robin