Wurlitzer Baby Grand

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 19 05:49:25 MST 2006

Wurlitzer Baby GrandYou mentioned insurance. One needs to know what value is sought. I have replacement insurance on all items in my home - if my 10-year-old, 5-speaker, 500-watt stereo is stolen, my insurance will replace it with a new similar 5-speaker, 500-watt stereo. If my 25-year-old, dog-drool-slimed, seams-are-a-splittin' couch so perish in a fire, they will replace it with a new couch of similar design (less the dog drool presumably). If my 10-year-old Boston GP-178 THAT IS FOR SALE goes up in a fire, I don't just get the MODEST $12K THAT I AM ASKING FOR IT, but rather I would get the $25K or whatever they cost new now (or a new piano of course).

So if this person has similar replacement-cost insurance, the $35,000 figure may....... well, I guess it's still high....... figure you can get a similar quality Chinese/Korean piano for $10K (or less)........

But the point is that someone may need new replacement value, retail value, wholesale value, private sale value, etc. If a piano owner want to know "how much is it worth" you need much more information to answer that.

Terry Farrell