sustain pedal on a b. grand

Brian Doepke doepkeb at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 19:23:55 MST 2006

Hello list,

Is it possible that the sustain pedal on a b. grand can become slightly
bent, or warped, by heavy usage.  My church's piano, apparently, has such a
situation.  It sits decidedly lower than the other two.  The piano player,
who plays it a lot, would like the mechanism to engage earlier than it
does.and I have the adjustment barrel all the way to the end.

If this can occur, and it looks like it can, ..is it possible to unwarp the
pedal, gaining back the leverage that is lost?

Thank you,

Brian P. Doepke
AAA Piano Works, Inc.
Piano Tuning-Repair-Purchase Consults