PDA comments and pitch raise questions

tompiano at bellsouth.net tompiano at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 20 05:02:14 MST 2006

Rips said
 I've just recently discovered the joys of Tunelab pitch raising and developed some confidence in it. What is amazing to me is that pitch raises of 50-60 cents (with overpull) routinely leave me with a ready-to-tune piano with many notes actually right on or near the money already. This is an amazing capability and worth the price of admission alone. I've learned to be a little more precise in the pitch raising phase since it will pay off a few minutes later in the fine tuning phase. I've also learned to trust my ears a lot more with Tunelab...

ahhh, the feeling of (finally) understanding and controling pitch raises is a milestone in every technician's development.  Keep in mind that there are those who are able to do it aurally and be extremely close on the first past and then there are those who choose some sore of ETD to get them into the ballpark.  All  ETD's are capable of doing extremely accurate pitch raises. It just a matter of practice and understanding  the machine you are dealing with....be it your ears, SAT, Verituner, or Tunelab.
Congratulations.
Tom Servinsky