physically getting Hammers OFF shanks

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Dec 21 07:52:32 MST 2006

Hi All
    Well getting em on is one thing butt  getting them off is another.
  Thanks to Jurgen Goerhing at pianoforte supply I have a  new tool that will
easily get any hammer off it's shank even if it was epoxied  on.  This new
tool doesn't damage pins or bust your knuckles. Leaves the  shank in good enough
condition to re- install.  it can even remove  upright hammers  & is stong
enough to just punch thru the top of the  molding.
   Price 160 bucks but This is a lifetime  tool.    Jurgen.....post a
picture.  It's  awesome.
  I bought an old style type  I've used for  years from Isaac S. It's a
beauty but it's not as  controllable
  Dale Erwin

Dale  Erwin--Piano Restorations
Modesto, Ca.
Shop 209-577-8397
cell  209-985-0990
Web site _http://www.Erwinspiano.com_ (http://www.erwinspiano.com/)
Restoration & Sales of
Steinway & Sons plus  other fine pianos.
Custom made soundboards by  design