pitch raise question

Karl kaputt karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 23 01:15:26 MST 2006

I don´t know how other ETD´s work, but verituners default setting for pitch
raise overpull is 36 % in the diskant. What does this exactly mean? As I
understood, this is the percentage of the difference between actual and
target pitch. So, if a piano is 100 cent flat, this would mean that one has
to overpull the diskant by 36 cent. Is that true? In the middle section it´s
30 % default, so A4 has to be overpulled by 30 Cent = 7.5 Hertz. This can´t
be true, or?

Gregor