myths

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 02:50:52 MST 2006

'Water should be kept in a jar at the bottom of the
piano to counteract low humidity.'

A proper humidifier is the only answer, water in a jar
will do little good as at the end of the day it will
still be in the jar!  but gradual evaporation will
eventually lead to rust on the strings.  The water
needs to be in the air.

Bob Wilson