String Loops and Eyes

Philip Jamison mortier9 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 23 09:05:38 MST 2006

I've never restrung any european pianos, so I haven't had to form quantities of string eyes or loops. If I did, I would probably twist them around a metal rod held in a vise. The "String Looping" device sold by Schaff and others seems to put too much strain on the strings to me. Are there any jigs for looping strings in the English/Vienesse style?

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA