Dip Block

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 24 09:06:52 MST 2006

Jack said: "I am making a new key dip block and would like to know at what
part of the key is the measurement taken? From what I can recall I have
heard some say from the front while others say above the key pin. "

Jack,
Only ONE?!!!<G> I have, at least 6. Most, I made. Because I always measure
at the front of the key(s), the dimension of prescribed "dip" is at the
front of the block. Some of the sizes I have are: 10mm, .390", .400", 3/8",
1/4", 7/16"....etc.
Have a Cool Yule.

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police