myths

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Dec 24 23:37:42 MST 2006

Sounds right to me.  Basic service should include tuning plus a little more
and fees should reflect that.  In 1 - 1.25 hours I can easily tune the piano
(without a pitch correction), vacuum out the top of the piano (grand), open
and pull the action out to inspect, clean debris, lubricate (as I described
in an earlier post), check the pedal adjustment, touch up the voicing and
tighten the bench (if it needs it), ask about the kids...well, maybe not ask
about the kids.  For that I charge a fairly high hourly rate (based
partially on where I live--San Francisco) but I also get a fair amount done.
I add 30 minutes fee time for a pitch correction.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com